1888: The Old Bell
In 1888, the church raised $500 by special subscription to purchase a 2,000 lb bell for the new building’s belfry. The bell survived the fire of 1924, and was hung in the steeple of the new sanctuary in 1954.
Source: The History of the Evangelical Congregational Church of Needham, Massachusetts as compiled by Edmund W. Trowbridge, Church Historian, 1957.
- 1889: The Congregation Relocates to Linden Street (Once Upon a Time in Needham)
- The 1889 Capital Campaign (Once Upon a Time in Needham)
- The 1924 Fire (Once Upon a Time in Needham)